July 29, 2014, 11:53:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
French German Italian Dutch Spanish Portuguese Korean Chinese Simplified Japanese Greek Arabic Russian
News:

Home   Help Search Chess Login Register PipeChat Auctions  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bonacquisti (Owner of Park Lane Tobacco)  (Read 1257 times)
dukeofbluz
United States United States

S
View Profile Email
« on: June 25, 2010, 01:59:05 am »

Been looking for an estate Bonacquisti for awhile. Finally found one:

From the Park Lane web site:

American pipe maker Paul Bonacquisti decided to combine his love of wood turning and pipe smoking, and began making pipes in the late 1980’s purely for fun and as gifts to friends.  Shortly thereafter, encouraged by friends in the business he started making pipes for a few stores, and began attending pipe shows throughout the country.  By the mid 1990’s Paul had become well established as one of the country’s favorite pipe makers.  Examples of his style of pipe making; classic shapes influenced by elements of the Italian school of pipe design, were eagerly sought out by fans of both English and Italian pipes.  Of course, his pipes are just as he is, uniquely American!

Paul works hard at everything he does, and has worked extremely hard to perfect all of his different finishes;  carved, sa ndblast and smooth.  His blasts however, have become his signature… deep, defined and very unique, he has a way of getting the wood to give up all of it’s deep, dark secr ets!  The blasts, which are extra deep and craggy (some have called them “Gnarly”), are an outstanding feature of his pipes, but he never allows blasting to interfere with the lines or symmetry of a shape.  Made from select Italian briar aged at least 5 years, with stems hand cut from a variety of  materials including Bakelite, Ebonite, Lucite and his own unique Hand Cast Lucite, the Bonacquisti pipe is a study in style and function... each pipe unique with smoking qualities beyond compare.

In 2009, Paul made some changes to the nomenclature and logo on his pipes.  First and most important is the name change, replacing “Bonaquisti” (in script) with the proper spelling of his surname “Bonacquisti” (in block letters).  Another notable change is the replacement of the stamped “B” stem logo with a small precious stone, covered in clear lucite.  Grading and size stamps are to be added later in the year.  Bonacquisti pipes are available in limited quantities, in sizes ranging from group 3-4  through Magnum and Giant.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 02:10:25 am by dukeofbluz » Logged

If you would like to view my pipes please check out my picture trail:http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/listing/user/dukeofbluz
Johnny

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 02:16:37 am »

That's a sweet looking pipe man!  Glad you were able to find one

TommyTree
Rationer of the Longbottom Leaf

It's all Earl's Fault!

S
thetommytree TheTommyTree 110557172184776259015
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2010, 02:38:37 am »

Aren't you guys pals now? I thought you'd have a collection of Paul's pipes like Muddler's JPs. Of course, you almost have a collection JPs like Muddler's JPs. But it is a sweet Rhodie.

"Mustard does not have a moral!" — Katie Lee
B4man
Sweden Sweden

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2010, 03:37:23 am »

Nice!

I like a lot of his pipes. Yours has some serious bling around the neck, homeboy.
JC

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2010, 04:49:31 am »

Duke... That is one very sweet pipe.

"The right word may be effective, but no word was ever as effective as a rightly timed pause." Mark Twain
strongirish
It's all my fault!
Adm and Senior Moderator

Got a lite?

S
View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2010, 05:28:36 am »

I have never had one but I have heard nothing but great things about them.  Great pipe sir!

Pipes and Bikes
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2010, 09:39:43 am »

Ok I really should stop making a list of Dukes pipes I plan on finagling from him. Don Carlos, Mastro De Paja and now this one  Cheesy
TommyTree
Rationer of the Longbottom Leaf

It's all Earl's Fault!

S
thetommytree TheTommyTree 110557172184776259015
View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2010, 10:11:33 am »

Ok I really should stop making a list of Dukes pipes I plan on finagling from him. Don Carlos, Mastro De Paja and now this one  Cheesy

While you're in there, grab that Balkan Sobranie for me. Or I'll steal it from your place later. Either way.

"Mustard does not have a moral!" — Katie Lee
krawdad13

Call me Kurt, You can call the dog Hanna

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2010, 03:08:21 pm »

That IS a well thought out pipe. Nice catch!

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a look at the American Indian"-Henry Ford

Marcus Cicero was correct when he said; "Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice and moderation in defense of Liberty is no virtue."

Politicians are the easiest to operate on.
> There's no guts, no heart, no balls, no brains and no spine, and the
> head and the ass are interchangeable. "
HiloJohnny

Wherever you go....There you are!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2010, 08:47:04 pm »

Very nice looking pipe....Congratulations on your acquisition!... Grin

Live Aloha
strongirish
It's all my fault!
Adm and Senior Moderator

Got a lite?

S
View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2010, 09:42:26 pm »

You must give us a review of it after you get it and have smoked it.  I don't know anybody that has one but they sure do call my name!

daveinlax

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2010, 12:57:50 am »

Very nice! Paul seemed to have cut back on pipe making for a few years while he got the pipe shop up and running but he's back in fact he did the NASPC POY this year. IMO Paul sould be mentioned on a list of the best blasters. Shocked
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

In Memory of Bob Runowski aka Morleysson

All donations are exclusively used to cover the running cost of PipeChat

pipecraft.org natekingpipes.com clarkpipes.com handcraftedpipes.com pietenpauw.co.za askwithpipes.com Photobucket