Nimrod Commander

(1/2) > >>

Jonesing:
I accidentally bought this old refurbished Nimrod Commander pipe lighter.  Didn't expect to win even though I likely piad more than it's worth. A new zippo would cost just a couple bucks more.  But something about it struck me.  Pretty cool that it's probably about 55-60 years old.

Seems the best known Nimrod model was the other little pull and push tube lighter. From what I read the commander was made before Zippo introduced their pipe lighter insert.

Anyway, it can't be any worse than some of the other lighters I've bought and then abandoned when they stop working right.

Anyone have or had one of these Nimrod Commanders?

You'll have to scroll down since the auction ended.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140431271389&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

TommyTree:
Don't have one myself, but I like it. It sure is distinctive. I'm sure you won't have any serious smokers mistaking that for a Zippo.

Tortoise:
I think it's cool. It should not be too difficult to maintain because it's a flint lighter which is just mechanical right? You may need a new flint or a new wheel at some point, but I imagine it will work for a long time.

Pipes and Bikes:
 Never had one myself. I have bid on a dozen or so of the nimrod cylinder style lighters but there seems to always be someone willing to pay more than I  :D

Jonesing:
Quote from: Tortoise on July 31, 2010, 06:11:57 pm

I think it's cool. It should not be too difficult to maintain because it's a flint lighter which is just mechanical right? You may need a new flint or a new wheel at some point, but I imagine it will work for a long time.

That's sort of what I thought.  Should be as easy to maintain as a zippo. I guess I'll find out when it arrives.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

In Memory of Bob Runowski aka Morleysson

All donations are exclusively used to cover the running cost of PipeChat